Friday, August 23, 2013

The 100 Year old Egg

Hey Everyone,

How goes it?  This week, was really awesome, but so fast. Not even kidding when I say it feels like I emailed you 2 days ago. But I guess that means im loving the work if it is going this fast. This week, We had an appointment with our Nigerian friend who is still having trouble with deciding to get baptized or not. His mom and priest are really against the church, and he knows that the book of Mormon is true. Teaching him was really cool, since we teach him in english. We fasted with him last week, and this week we told him that we could give him a blessing if he wanted one. We will see how our next lesson goes... Other than that, we ate at our Chinese investigators house again, and I found out what 100 year old eggs are. Its a hard boiled egg burried in the ground for 3 months. I thought I was eating an avacado.Elder moon said it was good for me since he thinks I have the taste buds of a 7 year old. haha.

The rest of the week was really good as well. We run into so many languages here on the street it is ridiculous. Syrian, Italian, Romanian, you name it. Sometimes it makes talking to people difficult. In these situations we usually just give them a mormon.org card. Also, I am really starting to develop a good relationship with the ward. I think they find much excitement in trying to help me learn German. Well, Elder Moon and I found a burger king on the way here, and so we are going there for lunch. Hopefully its just as good as the ones at home. Oh, one more awesome thing! On June 11th we get to go meet Elder Russell M. Nelson in Munich since Sister Miles is his Daughter. I am so excited for that. Talk to you next week!

Love. Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment